Awww … hi guys! It’s been awhile, hasn’t it?! I have come out of my hiatus to accept my Liebster Award from With Love, From Harlem and Diaries of Another Relaxed Chic! Thank you ladies for my first blogging award! 🙂
Ok, here goes:
11 Fun Facts About Me!
1. I am a history nerd. My favorite time periods to study are The American Civil War and World War II. I have probably seen close to every documentary ever made on the subjects!
2. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza.
3. I listen to hard rock (e.g. Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age) when I am working out … it gives me a good push!
4. My style icons are Michelle Obama and Duchess Catherine. I have been gradually adopting a more conservative type of dress! I recently just bought this Smythe blazer that Duchess Catherine had on a few weeks ago for my 30th birthday. Pricey … but worth it!
5. Cleaning up is a great stress reliever for me.
6. My sisters and I have attended each of the ACC schools in NC. I went to NC State, my older sister went to Duke and my youngest sister is at Wake Forest. My dad said his daughters learned their A-B-Cs … ANYBODY BUT CAROLINA!
7. I am a registered Independent!
8. The last book I read was “John Adams” by David McCullough and it was damn good!
9. My favorite liquor is Jose Cuervo tequila. I know, people tell me its cheap … and I have had expensive tequilas … but I just love Uncle Cuervo (as I call him!)
10. My ultimate goal in life is to travel to Australia and spend a few hours with a koala bear. I LOVE KOALAS!
11. I cannot sing a lick. I have a horrible voice. 🙂
Here are the questions With Love, From Harlem sent.
1.Why did you start blogging?
I was googling something about the line of demarcation in January 2012 and came across these relaxed hair blogs. It completely blew me away at all these ladies with long, beautiful, relaxed hair! It was like I found the answer on how to grow long hair.
2. What is the inspiration behind your blog’s name?
I don’t remember … I was just thinking about a catchy name, and Hair, There and Everywhere! came to me. I think someone else already had a blog with that name, but she was white so I didn’t think she would care! 😉
3. How do you balance your life while trying to maintain you blog?
It’s pretty easy! I blog when I can! Lately, I just haven’t had much to blog about! I do the same thing to my hair every week, so I don’t think people want to read about 4 similar Wash Days!
4. Who is your favorite blogger and why?
Funky Dineva. S/he is one of the funniest people I have ever seen on a v/blog
5. What is it that separates your blog from others?
It’s mine! HAHAHAH! Also, I don’t see too many people blogging about Alterna hair care products
6. What is the best thing about blogging?
Charting my progress and going back to look on how far I have come!
- 7. How do you choose the topics you post on your blog?
- Whatever pops into my head!
8. What is the most important thing that you’ve learned on your hair journey?
Protective styling is key!
9. How long have you been on your hair journey?
Almost 2 years … since January 9th, 2012.
10. What does it feel like when one of your readers say that your blog has helped them?
Amazing … it feels like I am paying it forward to all the ladies who helped me get where I am!
11. Name one(and only one) product that you cannot live without.
Alterna Caviar White Truffle Elixir (I use this as my daily moisturizer)