I totally forgot about my summer goals, quiet as its kept! I was reminded by two bloggers who looked back on their goals to see if they made it … so in the spirit of completion, I thought I would a quick check-in and see how I did!
For the most part, I did well with my summer goals.
1. Get to MBL! This is the ultimate goal. I do not mean just a few scraggly hairs, either, I mean a good portion of my lower layers (meh, I will take 20%).
Kind of … I did a lot of trimming this summer. I got to MBL in my longest parts … I can’t say for sure if it was 20%!
2. Continue to grow out my front. It is a few inches past my chin, right at my shoulder (HOORAY … I am full-SL hahahahha!)
I did! I will have to take a picture for comparison’s sake.
3. Use the L-O-C method to improve moisture retention.
I did this only on air-dried hair. If I would have done it on hair that was roller-set, it would be a soggy, limp mess. But nevertheless, I did it!
4. Use only one heat pass for length check in mid-July (if I so desire)
Since June, I have flat-ironed my hair once (for my August 2013 relaxer) and used the blow dryer on my entire length twice.
5. Pre-poo with ceramides weekly
6. DRINK at least 60 ounces of water a day (sigh … I will accept 4/7 days on this one!)
Done … kind of phoned it in in September.
7. Dust only once this relaxer period (search and destroy sessions for overgrown hairs are OK)
Did NOT do. I dusted more because my hair needed it. Oh well. Scraggly ends are a no-go for me.
8. Protective style 80% of the time
9. Maintain my hair’s gorgeous thickness!
Well, done for the most part … there was some autumn shedding I had to contend with.
10. Apply clear semi-permanent color late June/early July to help with ends
Did this in late June and mid-September.