It has been over a month since I made my goals for summer. I thought that I would check-in and assess how I am doing with these goals …
1. Get to MBL! This is the ultimate goal. I do not mean just a few scraggly hairs, either, I mean a good portion of my lower layers (meh, I will take 20%). – This is to be determined … I will find out at my next relaxer in about 6 weeks.
2. Continue to grow out my front. It is a few inches past my chin, right at my shoulder (HOORAY … I am full-SL hahahahha!) – Still working on this!
3. Use the L-O-C method to improve moisture retention. – This is working for me. On my air-dried hair, I use water as the liquid, kukui nut oil as the oil and Amla Legends as the cream. There is a lot less breakage than my prior air dried hair endeavors.
4. Use only one heat pass for length check in mid-July (if I so desire) – I don’t plan on using a heat pass until I get my relaxer in 6 weeks.
5. Pre-poo with ceramides weekly – This is going well. I am pre-pooing with either safflower oil or hemp seed oil each week.
6. DRINK at least 60 ounces of water a day (sigh … I will accept 4/7 days on this one!) – This is going well!!!!!!! I am drinking a lot of water, especially since I am working out a lot.
7. Dust only once this relaxer period (search and destroy sessions for overgrown hairs are OK) – This is going well. I have not dusted since June.
8. Protective style 80% of the time – I am protective styling about 95% of the time. Summertime is buntime!
9. Maintain my hair’s gorgeous thickness! – Working on this … doing what I can by reducing manipulation and protecting my ends!
10. Apply clear semi-permanent color late June/early July to help with ends – I did this at the end of June!
Seems like I am on track to meet my goals! Hope everyone is having a lovely summer!