Greetings! It’s been a while so I thought I would do a quick update about what’s been going on with my hair …
– I plan on doing a color rinse this weekend (like I did in March). I think that the semi-permanent no-lift color has been great for protecting my porous ends, so I think it’s time for a refresher. I will be doing it myself, as I don’t want to have my hair flat ironed or pay an extra $20 to have it rolled. I will be using the Clairol Moisture-Rich Colorgloss system. I am not sure if I will just do clear or do some shade of brown. I will get an opinion when I go to Sally’s.
– I am scraggly-end MBL! Yep!! There are a few hairs that have touched that point! I think by next relaxer in 9 weeks, I will be ready to claim it.
– I am loving coconut oil pre-poos. My hair retained so much more moisture when I pre-pooed with it. This past weekend I did not pre-poo with it and my ends are so dry!!! Coconut oil is back in my life!!!!
– I am enjoying my new dryer!! It gets uber hot, though. I am always sweating by the time I finish.
– I am doing the L-O-C method and it seems to be doing fine.
– I bought two Hercules Sägemann combs after seeing a bunch of hair in my comb a few weeks ago. I have been meaning to buy seamless combs for a long while, but two weeks ago really lit a fire under my behind! Here are the combs that I ordered: the HS6450 Tail Comb for roller setting and my absolute love, the Magic Star Jumbo Rake.
The Magic Star Jumbo Rake is everything my hair has been missing! I normally do not comb my hair every day to reduce the risk of losing hair, but this comb glides through my hair and causes me no anxieties whatsoever. Even the Tail comb was amazing! Here is the amount of hair I lost roller setting my hair last week:
– I have been bunning a lot, as I am trying to do high-intensity workouts 4-5x a week. I may have to start incorporating mid-week co-washes and air-drying sessions … that’s to be determined!
Ta-ta for now!!