As a public health graduate and professional, I realize the importance of framing messages. If you frame something positively, then the message you are relaying is more likely to be accepted and to invoke change. Well, framing our thoughts follow along the same line. If we think positively, then we are more likely to believe those positive thoughts … and the same for negative thoughts!
Too often, I find myself thinking negative thoughts and putting unrealistic expectations on my hair (yes, dumb, I know!) I wish it never broke, I wish that were down to my calves, I wish it looked like someone else’s, yada yada yada. This week, I had to stop, pause and reflect on the many positive features that my hair does exhibit. Oftentimes, girls especially are taught not to brag because it looks bad and people may perceive you as self-absorbed, snotty and other unpleasantries, so, self-deprecation becomes the order of the day. We do not want to offend people who may not love their hair (or other aspects of their life), so we hold our happiness and joy in so not to hurt others.
Well, today, my friends, will NOT be that day for me. I have been inspired to sing songs of praise for my crowing glory and I hope that it inspires you to do the same!!
- It’s pretty thick! This is my favorite characteristic!!
- I love how it still wavy when I air dry, even though I have a relaxer
- It grows kinda fast!
- The natural color with brown streaks throughout
- The length it’s at (and it will be!!)
- It stays thick from root to tip and I don’t really have to deal with see-through hemlines
- I have gone from SL to chasing MBL in 18 months!!!
- The way it looks after a fresh relaxer!!!
- It lets me know what it likes and what it doesn’t like so I know what to use to keep it in optimal shape
Those are the ones I can think of now!!
Here are some pictures from my latest airdrying session!! It really illustrates why I love my hair!