While I was in NC, I noticed a few things about my hair and i wanted to record them.
– There was breakage – I mean long pieces, short pieces, medium pieces. I wonder if it was due to the constant manipulation going down. And Kim definitely was not gentle with my hair while detangling. She pretty much raked the comb through my hair. I didn’t say anything, but I was a bit miffed. The saying that no one will care for your hair the way you do is the truth!
– I don’t think my hair liked the ApHogee 2-step from last Sunday’s detangling fiasco. I will not be using that again until I need it (having severe breakage). My hair really hasn’t been the same since
– The black and gray rollers produced a nice style! I had some nice Kate Middleton-ish curls. I can’t wait to roll it myself this weekend. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of the style because even though I got it done yesterday, we went to a smoky ass bar and by the time I got home, my hair felt like it was dripping smoke. I washed and conditioned my hair as soon as I got home and let it dry in a bun.
– I actually feel that my hair is “long” now! Ebony C Princess from Longing 4 Length hosted a poll question a few weeks ago asking what length did one feel was actually “long” and good majority responded “BSL.” I sent Nathan a pic (as you know Nathan is quite indifferent to hair photos) and he said “Wow! Your hair is long!” Even when I look at my hair, I am now like, I have long hair. Im quite pleased with this length. Even the roller sets are looking quite lengthy!
– I’m ready to see what this relaxer stretch will bring! I may not have Kim do it this time. I don’t know because I wasn’t too pleased with how she treated it this time. She does a great job, but the harsh detangling really got to me. I was thinking of finally trying out the salon I have heard about in Portland.
– Here’s a pic of my goddaughter’s hair! It definitely needs some moisture on the ends, but other than that, it’s so pretty!!! It’s right at BSL. I told her that it is important to keep her hair healthy because as she grows, the length may give the illusion her hair is getting shorter so to maintain long hair we have to have healthy hair practices.